Do you want to make your home as free from radon gas? If yes, then you should never miss any kind of techniques and method. We would be having a complete insight information about how you can make your home safe and protective with the radon Testing easily. For the information of the readers, we would like to mention that radon is one such kind of gas that is created on natural basis inside the earth. It is tasteless and colorless. It is all formed through the particles of the uranium inside the Earth’s soil decays.
How Radon Gas Enters the Home?
Radon gas is divided into the categories of either indoor and outdoor. The outdoor radon gas is hence all diluted in the air and show out the little percentage of the risk. But the radon gas that is indoor can show the greater level of risks and can bring some hazardous levels. It can make their way into your homes as through the crawl spaces or even by means of the gaps that might appear between the floors or the walls or in the water supply too. It can even move into your homes by means of the cracks that happen to appear on the floors or the basement walls or the foundations too.
Two Basic Types of Radon Detectors:
For the radon testing process, there are basically two main types of radon detectors i.e. short-term detector and long-term detector.
- Short-term detector contains charcoal canisters. They would be measuring the radon form of levels for the duration of about 2-7 days.
- On another side, we have long-term detectors that would be measuring the radon levels as for the duration of about 3 months.
What to Know About Radon Testing Kit?
The process of radon testing can be performed on the successive terms through the radon testing kit. You can make it get purchase on the cheap rates from local stores or any sort of the retail outlets. This price of the kit would be involving the sum of the laboratory as well as report findings and installation. You should always be getting the kit that is rather mentioned out with the complete set of instructions for setting it up. You should make sure that you have also indicated the dates related to the starting and ending of the testing method. You should also be mailing the detector to the lab as early as possible.
Some Important Radon Testing Guidelines:
- In the radon testing, you can either perform the long-term test or the short terms test.
- If your long-term test would be exceeding the limit of 4 picocuries per liter of air (pCi/L), then it is important to take any action as against the reduction of radon in your homes.
- On the other side, if the short-term test result is reaching the limit of about 4 pCi/L or higher, then you need to come up with the follow-up testing.